Saturday, May 8, 2010

Tales of a Thespian Junkie

Greetings once again. It seems that I forget about this blog (hence, the title of this entry). For anyone who knows me (and never sees or hears from me) I'm a theatre junkie. Not to be confused with a theatre geek. I'm always working on a production but, I don't know the technicals of it (i.e. a true geek, if you will). Still, that is something to aspire to and I will in time. Yes, I'm working to squeeze as much out of community theatre as I can possibly stand. I'm trying to be known as another one of those 'hardest working people in theatre' people so that there will always be something to look forward to while working on the current production. It seems to be working and I couldn't be happier (except for these brief 'downtimes' when that dark and ominous force enters my happy place... reality. DAMN!). Boredom can easily set in by the time I walk to my car after the cast party that follows the strike. Fortunately, I've been getting good at planning and scheduling in advance and even having some options to choose from. As I sit here and think back, it's incredible how the past nine years have just raced by and how I started by working a show doing props and not really knowing exactly what I was doing, to be quite honest, to getting cast applauses, 'Thank You' cards and gifts for doing everything that I have done to help make these productions the great successes that they have been. That appreciation from all directions has been one of the driving forces and the motivation to continue doing as much community theatre as I can do. The other HUGE benefit has been all you you, who I've had the pleasure to work with and become friends over the years. It's been an amazing journey... 2010 will be the best year yet (already at four shows and counting). Better. Stronger. Faster. Peace.

No comments: