Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Smoke? Drink? Pray? WHY???

The title says it all but, I shall elaborate a bit (because I can do that here). Let's take each one in order. Smoking. Hmmm, smells bad, makes others smell as bad, causes all sorts of life altering /ending diseases and can easily take any person and break their will without them even noticing it until it's too late. All of the sake of looking and feeling 'cool'. I see people I know and random people (physically attractive women, yes) in the course of my day and think to myself, self, she would be someone I would... waita minute... she's lighting up a cigarette! What a waste of such beauty. If she only had the sense to see that by doing that she's shortening her life and basically helping to bring about a myriad of difficulties in her later life. Drink. Again, what's the point. Spend money that you could use to do other more productive and memorable things. Wake up in the morning not feeling like that mack truck had just run over your head and/or stomach. It is a poor means to escape reality. It basically takes you in, drowns you out and spits you back out in worse shape then when you started (and all those other things are still there... waiting patiently). It dulls one's sense and that is definitely not the way I want to meet someone (especially someone who I would give my heart too). Pray (i.e. religion). As far back as I can remember, I always had this sense that organized religion was, and still is, nothing more than a pop culture cult for those who lack a higher level of self-esteem. Placing one's belief in life and the material world around them into a book of stories that somehow (???) instills trust in a supernatural lifeforce. So, does that mean the easter bunny, tooth fairy and santa claus and zeus all exist and are simply waiting for an opportun moment to suddenly show up and prove the nay-sayers wrong? I'd pay to see that. Religion is an emotional crutch and a cop-out for explaining the origins of life. The bible is book of stories... written by man. Atheism makes more sense to me than seven days that 'god' spent on creating this existance. *BUZZ* wrong answer. Face life going full speed and to understand that we as humans, continue to create these martyrs for our own purposes, good and/or bad. Atheist, and quite proud of that.

2 comments:

Tagh said...

My take on drinking is slightly different, as you well know. I don't do it much, but I enjoy it when I do. It's not a means to escape reality, it's more like a way to rehearse death. Which is not always a bad thing, you know?

Cheers!
-- Leigh.

Unknown said...

I am sorry to hear this and I am praying for you...