Saturday, June 30, 2007

Indoor Fireworks

Ahh, a great title (see Elvis Costello) and equally appropriate title to this particular posting. I caught myself recalling back to July 4th's of years past and it hit me. It was ten years ago this year that I ended my 'virgin days'. Yes, I shared the sexual moments with a beautiful young lady at that point with whom I was falling very much in love with. She was the first woman that seemed to feel the same towards me (as time passed, so did that sentiment... obviously, the here and now clearly shows) as I felt toward her. What was so amazing about that time was I had consciously decided that after years of refusing to budge on my ideals of what 'she' should be like (i.e. non-co-worker, mother, smoker) I found myself entranced with Patty. She was beautiful. Her son, Joshua, made such an impression upon me (it was mutual between he and I) that after things had ended with us, I realized how much I loved children. He showed me that in his unconditional love. Patty had realized in turning twenty-one that there was more to the social scene than just me (rightfully so) and that was the beginning of the end for her and I. Not to stray too far off my original point of this posting, July 4th, 1997. Patty and I had been dating for about a month and a half. Not a long period of time, mind you but, it was a very intense month and a half leading up to that night. Patty and I had been romantic in other ways. We had not explored the physical sexual highlights, yet. That was all about to change. She had invited me down to Bremen to hang out with her and Joshua at her sister's apartment and then watch the local fireworks display later on. We laid out blankets for all of us to sit and watch the display (both of them had a child) so, it was fun for the all of us. Afterwards, Patty's sister kept Joshua for the rest of the night. Patty and I went back to her house and went downstairs to watch television (probably the last time I really watched much television was with her). Naturally, we started making out on the couch and things really got heated up, quickly. Before we knew it, we were naked and sweating like a couple of waterfalls. She knew that I was still a virgin and was very understanding that I didn't know my body's motions in this kind of situation. She was very patient and playful about it as well. It made it all the more meaningful to give myself to her. I remember how joy and pleasure she gave to me. I knew how much I gave to her during the good times of our relationship. I do remember the bad times but, with her, I remember that night and all the emotion that we shared. It was my first foray into bliss. I'm very glad as I think back that it was shared with her. I hope her life is everything that she had hoped it would turn out to be, today. Thank you Patty and Joshua.

No comments: