Monday, July 2, 2007

Hot, Hot, Hot...

Today, I'm in the early stages of a rather healthy sunburn. Sunday was a great day, I went to the pool. Proceeded to spend the better part of the afternoon there literally soaking in the sun. I got most of my body covered... with burn. There was an attractive tall, kind of lanky in form, young lady there with, what looked to be her sister and her boyfriend. She carried herself as being the 'third wheel' of the group. I was admiring her from a mutually noticable distance (who wants to be from a safe distance when enjoying the 'eye candy' anyway... not me). There were a number of dead on looks at each other. It was fun. Of course, being the doofus that I am, I did not at any time, get up and walk over and introduce myself (no, that would be too easy and could have resulted in my possibly creating a new possibility of romance... can't have that now, can I?). Anyway, I walk back over to my apartment and realize rather quickly, 'Ooo, I'm a little on the RED side'. No shit, genius. I slept fairly well last night, in light of my newly acquired 'lobster tinting'. Today, as always, I'm at the theatre working on the set for 'High On Something' and I'm feeling kind of tired and achy (hmm, skin is feeling tight, wonder why that would be???). I'm probably going to peel as I always do after a sunbathing like this. Tanning is not my body's habit. I thought maybe at thirty-six I would somehow tan THIS time... guess not. When I got home this afternoon, I laid around for a few hours and then went over to the pool and got in just long enough to soak the bod. That felt REALLY good. Who knows, maybe I will tan for once. It wouldn't be a bad thing. The fact that I'm going to the pool and actually laying still for half hour increments is out of character for me. I'm settling into my soft middle age I suppose and relaxing is part of that stage. WOO WHOO!

2 comments:

Korean Celt said...

Two words: aloe gel, and lots of it.

Unknown said...

"High on Something" You don't even know the name of our show. :( Sorry to hear you are red. I have a large jar of aloe if you need it. And you can find that girl and have her rub it on your back!!