Friday, August 24, 2007

Le Vie En Rose

It's been quite some time since a film has made such an impact upon me. The Edith Piaf biopic (at the Browning Cinema) was simply a tour de force work of cinema. It drew the full range of emotions throughout. Marion's performance of Piaf was stellar. The story of her life's work is something to be revered by all who find pleasure (as I do) in music. I've yet to acquire a recording of hers but, that will certainly happen now. This is the one element of music that still takes me by surprize. It's ability to draw me in and simply enjoy it. I care not for where it comes, so long as it comes and plays. Her passion, as with anyone's passion, draws and shares inspiration to share one's talents and abilities with those who are willing to take in all in. Edith Piaf... a legend.

No comments: