Sunday, August 12, 2007

The Work Ethic

I've come to this realization as of just recently. I enjoy being active and productive. I do also enjoy my 'down time' as well. A man of extremes would be me. I've been accustomed to working two jobs since '93. That was when I was working at the grocery and at the independent music store (Martins and Tracks Records, respectively). Even today, while it's not a paying job, the theatre has provided me with an outlet by which I'm able to channel my energy into being productive and creative as well. When I'm 'down', it's usually quite the boring time as well. That seems to come on mucher sooner than in years past... my boredom. I need to be doing more with the theatre (and these days, I'm doing quite a bit, for a volunteer). Speaking of which, I'll be returning to my active status with the theatre as of tomorrow. I'm auditioning for '12 Angry (mammals) Men'. I'll be going into the audition cold. I think that will be easier for me to get myself psyched up for it. I expect to see a number of familiar faces at the audition. It's been asked of me if I feel nervous about auditioning... not especially. Reason, I go into it with a clear mind and the realization that I do want a couple of particular jurors but, the director my very well see me more suited to another juror role. Perhaps, the director may not call me back. That does not mean that I'm a lousy auditioner. It probably means that I'm not their 'vision' of a particular role. There will be a next time I'm sure... as always. If in the event I'm not called back for '12', there will always be the 'Glass' I have an opportunity to assistant direct with a good friend of mine. Regardless, I will be in the 'busy mode' once again until the end of October. And then... who knows.

No comments: