Saturday, August 18, 2007

Loves Labour Lost

Tonight, I'm reminded of my independence and the sacrifice I continue to carry with me... well, just me. I think about love and devotion to another and it leaves me feeling trapped in this life that I've created of being alone. Most of the time, I'm content with my life. Other, rare occasions, I feel disconnected from everyone in the vicinity. I encounter these beautiful women and they're happy, beautiful and (usually) married. I look and talk with them and I think to myself, I'd do almost anything to be with someone like her. The one's that seem to be attracted to me are not what I feel meet my expectations (and yes, looks are important. Anyone who tells you otherwise, is lying) and naturally the ones that seem to find me attractive are the ones that I would prefer not to be involved with... plain and simple. Yet tonight, I find myself wanting that closeness and affection from a woman that simply wants to be with me as much I want to be there with her. I'm not, again. I am a hard line critic of anyone who falls short of my expectations of her. Is that fair? Probably not so much but, that's just me. Marriage still does nothing for me. It's an interesting concept but, in practice, it seems rather miserable to live up to. I believe in love unconditionally. That means that I do not accept the 'rules' that we place upon the emotion of love (i.e. marriage and all the process that we confine love with). In making that choice, to love openly, I will surely shy away far more women than not (unless, I become 'famous'. Oh well, their loss (and perhaps, mine as well until we meet one another). Love is not a mistake. Marriage and the conventions of what we define as love to another person are. Virtually every other species is more accepting to these lack of parameters, why are we so 'special'??? Who knows, it could happen, in due course.

No comments: