Friday, July 6, 2007

Micheal Moore's 'SICKO'... OUTSTANDING!!!

Angry is the one word that describes my feeling having seen 'Sicko' tonight. It had me laughing in very a sad way with regards to how this country, the wealthiest nation in the world, can be one of the most capitalistic and cold-hearted nations on the planet. It truly is a 'me' country. As citizens of this country we are forced to select our very well-beings based on which employer will offer the 'best' health insurance. Our lifespan is three years shorter that the United Kingdom. Insurance companies/HMO's are doing everything in their power to see to it that they mak a profit at the expense of human lives... a fucking profit. Money vs. Health? Those in power are actually asking that very question. The reponses coming back are simply terrifying. Those in the health insurance industry are actually given incentives/bonus' to deny treatments, much less payout those entitled benefits. What if, one day, you were to find yourself with an ailment that would require hospitalization. You're admitted, and treatments are recommended for that particular ailment. Then, in light of your insurance provider's unwillingness to continue to pay, they drop you and tell you to fend for yourself. How would you respond to that? Now add into the equation... what if that person needing treatment was a family member or some one very dear to life... a true friend? What would you do? While I am insured (for which I pay a hefty monthly premium) I can certainly say that I am under-insured. I shook my head so many times during the film that I lost count. Far too many stories with unecessary suffering.

No comments: