Monday, July 23, 2007

Monday@SBCT

Another good day at the theatre... three days out until 'High On Something' goes live. I'm not especially impressed with the story of the show but, I realize that it is a popular one for Disney and anyone who puts in on their schedule will have a hit on their hands. All that said, I do feel like it's not nearly the caliber of musical that I've worked on in recent years. I simply like those classic stories and those memorable songs. Anywho, I helped with the railing for the second level of the set and painted the floor in the left and right sides of the stage. Then, I spent the next hour and a half helping to hang fourteen framed pieces (the shop did) in the hallway gallery at the theatre. Immigrant children who are learning about our culture and going through our educational system. The framed pieces are these short story(boards) about everything from duck fish to dragons to people and their names. Grades five through eight. They seem like they're from younger students but considering the origin of their writers and artists, I'd have to say they're pretty cool. We are all immigrants with our own stories to tell. Summer camps started today as well... saw an old employee, Tara (pronounced 'Tar-a'). She was another short-lived framer at the shop. She was treated very poorly by a certain owner of that frame shop. She almost walked out one day because a crack was made about her less-than-ideal math skills. She acknowledged that from the beginning (and we still hired her) and the comment is made. Very unprofessional in my view. She was and is cute but, a bit young for me... maybe. The fact that she's trying to become active in the theatre is great. She seemed quite informed about theatre (perhaps, that was why I found her attractive). From a physical standpoint, she had a bit of 'junk-in-her-trunk' but she had quite a set of 'fun bags' on her... still does. Unfortunately, when I checked out her ringer finger, it appeared occupied by one. She might have been taken aback by the fact that I hugged her upon greeting her... Oh Well! I'm the type of person who would enjoy the public display of affection (except dry-humping... well, there is the 'Jody-Hug') so much for being subtle. I know that with the right combination of traits in a woman, I could be quite happy (but, Shannon Tweed Simmons is already spoken for). Clone her and send me a copy or two. Life is laidback today and, it's cool by me.

No comments: